The River Market Community Co-op’s (RMCC) Board of Directors consists of seven (7) to nine (9) volunteer directors elected by the Ownership who are legally responsible for the overall direction and performance of the Co-op. The Board carries out this responsibility by establishing broad policy guidelines, and by monitoring the General Manager within that framework. It is the General Manager’s function to implement the policies established by the board and carry out the day-to-day operations. Directors typically spend an average of 10 to 16 hours per month on board-related activities.
- Must be an owner at the time of application. (Owners with multiple people in a household or business may designate one person to run for election to the Board of Directors.)
- Believes in and is committed to the Cooperative Principles and serving the RMCC Owners by fulfilling the responsibilities of the Board of Directors as stated below.
- Required to provide contact information.
- Commit to participation in New Director Orientation Training (online training of board-sponsored training events and use of collaboration software).
- Confirm some degree of computer literacy (knowledge and ability to use computers and related technology efficiently).
- Acknowledge understanding of time commitment and attendance of Board events.
- Attend at least one (1) Board of Directors meeting in the previous year.